The exfoliating cream is like a first aid for our beauty because it improves skin appearance quickly, easily and effectively. In addition, these products are excellent for increasing the effectiveness of the treatments because it penetrates better on the clean skin. Add an exfoliating product to our beauty routines is always a good investment.
Exfoliation can be done mechanically with cosmetics incorporating particles that carry the impurities of the skin or chemical form – known peels. The latter act in the most superficial layer of the skin by means of enzymatic process that follows the dead cells. Although the mechanics are apparently more effective and its effect is immediate, usually more aggressive and should be used with care especially in the case of the most sensitive skins. It is best to consult a dermatologist about which system is best for your skin type.
If your skin is normal, as would the very Cleopatra, we chose the mechanical exfoliation, well in a timely manner – masks for use weekly or biweekly – or with soft cream formulated for daily use containing urea or AHA – alpha hydroxy. The most common are glycolic citric acid, malic acid, tartaric, and the known lactic acid producing fermented milk. Do you remember the famous baths in donkey’s milk which both liked the Egyptian Queen? These creams provide moisturization to the skin and assist the shedding of dead cells. Although the effect is not as fast as mechanical exfoliation, a few days we will feel our skin smooth and radiant, with less impurities and a very soft touch.
In any case, a good solution is to combine both methods of exfoliation of our skin knowing that one is better to use it sporadically, and the other admits a more every day.
Tips on scrubs
- Exfoliation should be done around the face avoiding the area around the eyes and lips. Instead, it should be applied in the neck and chest.
- It is advisable to apply the product at night, when the skin is more receptive. If you decide to do in the morning, protects the face with a moisturizer with sunscreen and, of course, do not go to sunbathe later.
- Do it in the morning or in the evening don’t forget to then use a moisturizer that helps to nourish the skin and close the pores.
- If before applying a self-tanner you make a peeling you get a more uniform and natural look.
- One final recommendation will not make a peeling the day before a professional or important personal appointment. This is best done a few days before for the skin to recover from possible redness or irritation.